What do you guys think about the age of seventeen?
When I thought of seventeen, I thought of SPM, I thought of graduating from high school.
It eventually make me think of which college to go, which career to choose, what's my ambition?
Life is so precious that I cant bear to take a wrong path.
Once a wrong path is taken, I feel freaking regret for wasting my time and making mistakes.
Somehow, without mistakes, you're stuck, you dont grow, you dont learn.
For some reason, I find it odd when adults expect a lot from a seventeen.
Abilities, achievements, skills, even pride, all these applies on studies, curriculums, living skills, house chores etc etc, even... on... fashion! Pfft.
Especially female adults, they like to say Oh you're already seventeen, you cant be always dressing like that. Or start learning to wear dress from now on, if not y'wanna wear tees and shorts to work next time? Or Oh, come on, just break the school rules and get yourself pretty, fabulous. O_O
It doesnt just happen to me, it happened to almost half of the seventeens I know.
Sometimes, I just cant blame them, cuz they've seen more seventeensss than I do?
Or, the rules really ARE RIDICULOUS.
But my point here is, most seventeens dress like they're in their late 20s. Oops! I didnt say all. =)
Hold on a sec, even fourteens and fifteens dress way more mature than most twenties do.
No offence, but if half the seventeens do so, do the other half have to do so too? Just because they seem different.
Anyhoo, I really like heels, but I didnt wanna look like the group of girls who are trying too hard to make themselves look extremely mature, so I've never really got myself one except for occasions.
And those heels we've here, it never really strike a tick when I sees it.
But over the years, where the fashion industry have developed in Malaysia, oh wait, Penang, I mean, it doesnt seem that bad, anymore.
Haa, it reminds me when I first had to wear heels couple of years back when I had to attend my cousin's wedding, my mum took me to all the shoes shops in the malls and I wasnt satisfied at all. LOL!
Then, it was the heels we all had to get, for the concerts attire, I made my mum mad too, just because I didnt like all those heels. Hahaha.
Now, I'm gonna get myself a pair of heels, just because I'm seventeen.
Naah, kidding! Cuz I think it's time for a change. ; )
With my mum kinda forcing me and after considering, from now to year end, the duration is just nice, for me to get used to all these stuffs before getting out to the community.
So I wouldnt stare at people? Hahahaha.
Still, I really wonder what do others think about, when the word seventeen strikes you all?
Labels: Thoughts



